It has now been three weeks since Brielle was born. A lot has happened in our home.We didn't know how Caden was going to handle us bringing home a new baby and not being the only one. Well, he absolutely loves his little sister and tries be by her all the time. He gives her lots of love. When night time comes around and we ask him to give us a hug and kiss goodnight Brielle gets kissed first then us. During the day when I'm home with the two of them and I'm trying to take care of Caden, he is by her trying to pick her up. I think in my mind I pictured him upset with us, but it's the total opposite. He brings us diapers and when she's taking a bottle, he brings over her bottle and even wants to feed her. He asks to hold her all the time and tells us when he is done. It's the sweetest thing ever! He's even talking a lot more and communicating with me. His favorite words are: bubbles, popcorn, shoes, shirt, girl, eyes, nose, pancakes, uh oh, no, mama, dada and sister.
When Brielle was born she was 6lbs 15oz
when we left the hospital she was 6lbs 9oz
at one week she was 6lbs 11oz
at two weeks she was 7lbs 1oz
then today at three weeks she was 7lbs 11oz
Brielle's weight gain is good, she might be eating to much!
Caden also had a 18 month check up. So at 19 months he weighted 23lbs 8oz. He is still in the 25th Percentile for head, weight and height.
Both of my children are healthy and I couldn't ask for anything more.
Greg has been back at school for a little over a week now and I am getting to feel what it's like to be a stay at home mom. Having had a c-section I thought that I would be a wreck and have a harder time recovering. I feel great, I do have days that I'm so exhausted but they are so worth it. I'm going to be sad when I go back to work in a few short weeks. I have really been enjoying my time at home with my children.
Mia & CadenThese two pictures show Caden's two girls. I'm sorry to say to all the little boys who would like to date Mia in the future but she is now taken. Both parents have already witnessed the first kiss!



4 comments:
I love the pic of Caden and Brielle!! So cute!! I miss when mine were all that little, it was such a blur back then! I wish i would have journaled more. Hope to see you soon!
So cute. Love the kissing photo too.
You guys make darling children! Don't you think Brielle looks a bit like her paternal gramma? lol
I had so much fun Friday, hope we can it again soon.
cutie pie! glad to hear caden is adjusting so well to lil sis. maybe shaelyn will take a page out of his book and do a good job too! and i loved shaelyn looking over the pew today saying "baby" over and over looking at brielle's car seat. see, maybe she really is excited... :)
Post a Comment