Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Glimpse into the Future...: Day 1


My sister Heidi and her husband Charlie are going out of town and have asked us to watch Autumn for the next couple of days. So we get a little taste of what’s headed our way in just a short while. So I thought it would be fun to keep a running journal of how my days go. Autumn and Caden love spending time together and every time they are with each other they laugh and play so well together. So, these next few days should be interesting.





10:15: Autumn arrives and gets dropped off. They immediately fussing over a mini-stroller. I put Caden into the stroller and Autumn pushes him around Laughing the entire time. Heidi and Charlie sneak out while Autumn isn’t looking. Caden suspects something fishy but I call him back just in time. Crisis averted.
10:30: Start sharing cheerios and the stacking cups while watching Sesame Street.
11:00 Snack of string cheese. Autumn gobbles it up, Caden chews sporadically. Put in Wallace and Gromit, Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Autumn is fascinated while Caden is much more interested in what I’m doing.
11:15 Caden has now sneaked upstairs multiple times and I have found him "hiding" under his crib, laughing hysterically at himself.
11:30 Brisa calls and says that she’ll come home for lunch. I hang up and look at Caden and say, "Yeah! Mommy’s coming home for lunch!" Autumn looks at me excitedly, and I say, "Aunt Brisa is coming." She looks up sweetly and asks," Daddy?" and I say "I’m not daddy?" she then shakes her head at me and we both laugh.

Noon: Lunch! Yummy they both eat pretty good. Yummy Mac & Cheese and chicken nuggets.

12:35 They look exhausted and we try to put them down for a nap. Caden screams furiously.
12:40 It’s quiet. But wait….what is that?
12:41 Autumn has found some beads to shake. Put her back in bed, Caden starts screaming again.
12:48 All is finally quiet on the eastern front.
I pass out.
2:30 Caden wakes up. Get him out of the crib, Autumn is still passed out. He is all smiles as he gets some juice. He then proceeds to do laps around downstairs looking for Autumn. He drops to the floor in tears when I tell him Autumn is still upstairs sleeping. Cheerios cheer him up.

2:50 Autumn wakes up, when Caden sees me bring her down, he runs to her. They then sit down in their chairs next to each other.
3:15 Mmmm. Pretzels and juice.
5:05 Somehow, Caden and Autumn find a way to both fit into the small toy basket under the end table.
5:15 Brisa get home. Caden wants to go outside so badly. I take the kids down to get the mail as it starts sprinkling.
5:45 Dinner time. Caden and Autumn do a pretty good job eating their dinner.
6:30 Running around, laughing and giggling.
8:00 Starting to wear down, both are exhausted.

8:30 Take them up for bed.
Whew. What a day.


4 comments:

Natalie said...

Awww. They are so super cute together! That is so great that they get along well together. Keep the commentary coming!

Anonymous said...

Thanx for sharing all this. We were wondering how it was going. Its so nice they love each other so much...not to mention that Autumn loves her Uncle Greg and Aunt Brisa!

Katherine said...

Brisa must be getting close to the ultrasound where they tell you if it's a boy or girl. Any word yet, or are you keeping it a secret?

Vlazny's said...

Our appointment is next week. We'll let you know after we find out. Not sure exactly when the big unveil will be though.