Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 2


6:00 Caden starts crying, I run in the room to get him out in hopes that Autumn will still sleep till 7:30ish like Heidi said she normally does.
6:15 Autumn opens the door and lets me know she is awake.
We play upstairs for a little bit before we come downstairs.
7:30 Start making pancakes. Caden knows what I’m doing because we typically eat pancakes for breakfast. I’m worried if Autumn will like them. I give her a piece and she gives me a very enthusiastic, "Yummy!!"



7:45 Caden takes the bowls from one of the cupboards and moves them one by one to the cupboards across the kitchen. He then finds the lid to his booster seat and puts it on top of his booster seat. Is he telling me he is full?
8:00 Curious George comes on and they both seem content to watch what George is up too.
8:15 Curiosity wins, and they both sit on my lap as I try to put this together.
8:20 Autumn goes back to watching George, Caden walks around playing with a hanger.
10:00 Start pumping up our new pool. Frustrated because at first I can’t find the caps.
10:20 Start filling up the pool and getting the kids changed, they are getting excited.



They loved the shade for the pool!




10:30 Pool Time!
10:32 Caden gets a face full of water and keeps one arm around my neck the remainder of the time in the pool.
10:40 Caden no longer wants in the pool, only to run up and down the driveway throwing the ball back and forth. Autumn is having a ball throwing the water out of the pool.





10:59 Time to go inside. Can’t be in the sun for too long.

11:00 Throw the towels off, Who need towels? They say to out loud to me, and proceed to run around the house laughing at each other. I feel like I’ve been left out of an inside joke.
11:08 Snack time! Yummy crackers and fruit snacks. They look at one another to make sure they got the same thing.

"I'll trade you a green one for a purple one" "No way! Those are the best ones!"

11:30 A bunch of silliness is going on as a change both of the kids back into clothes.
11:40 I swear my son is Darth Baby-he constantly walks around the house making Darth’s breathing noise.

Noon: Lunch! Hotdogs! We love hot dogs.

12:30 Trip to see Brisa and take her some lunch. Both pass out half way there. I’m worried about how they will act when we get in the office. They run around and laugh and generally behave well.


1:45 We get home and I put them up for a nap. Caden of course is livid while Autumn tries to play happily until she falls asleep.
2:00 Caden finally passes out but I think I still hear Autumn playing quietly. As long as they are in the room, I’m happy.

2:30 Caden must be having a bad dream, but quiets down quickly.
3:00 I am awakened by Caden again and, run in there to make sure he doesn’t bother Autumn. We go downstairs. After 2-3 sips from his milk he falls back asleep in my lap.
4:00 Both still passed out. Should I wake them up?
4:15 Yeah, I should wake them up. I go get Autumn, she looks frightened at first because I’m not mommy or daddy. But she snuggles with me on the couch. Caden refuses to wake up. I swear he is a teenager already.
4:50 Caden arises from the dust (Finally) and he immediately starts playing the music on one of his favorite toys and starts dancing. Autumn comes over and they play together nicely. (Taken shortly before the meltdown)
4:51 The Meltdown. They fight over the toy and both run to me in tears. We all hug and everything is ok. Autumn sits on the couch while Caden sits close to me.
4:56 Caden picks up the toy and takes it over to Autumn to share, but Autumn isn’t interested. I tell Caden she doesn’t want to play with the toy, and Caden falls to the floor in disappointment. Rejection, unfortunately son, it doesn’t get any easier.
5:06 Brisa gets home. We all run excitedly to her. Caden takes Brisa to get the mail. Autumn gets sad because Caden is gone, so she takes me down to the mailbox. When Autumn sees Caden, she calls out to him, "Caden!" in her cute voice.
5:31 I get a small break. I run to the grocery store to pick up dinner.

6:00 Dinner! Yummy pizza. Both kids eat very well. Unfortunately I only got an after picture of Caden.
7:00 Laughing and giggling abound as they play well together.

7:30 Things are starting to break down. Fussing, pushing, normal 1-2 yr. old business.


8:00 Is it bed time yet? We take them upstairs and they play in Caden's bedroom.


8:30 We put them in bed. Caden is not happy


8:40 Caden must have realized how tired he is. It's quiet. Goodnight!


What a fun day!





8 comments:

carrie said...

i have loved your posts! great commentary!! and it seems you are totally ready for child number 2. Ü

Vlazny's said...

I think Greg is more ready than I am. He gets lots of practice while I am at work. This will be his second summer at home with Caden. Makes me jealous that they are having so much fun. It will be my time soon. Right honey!

Greg V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg V said...

Yeah it won't be too much longer before you get to stay home and play. But for now I get to do the dirty work.

The Nixons said...

This is fun reading what your up to each day....

Natalie said...

Oh to be young! So many nap times and fun times in the pool too. What a life! The rejection part totally cracked me up. They are so cute!

steph said...

FUN!! My kids need some cousing= time too!! We need to find some time to get them all together!!

Anonymous said...

Guess all that money we spent on your edumacation is paying off! Sounds like you are gaining important experience, just what you'll need to take care of Dad and I when the time comes, huh?