3:30 Caden Cries out again! WHY?!!
7:05 Brisa goes in and checks on them. They are both sitting there quietly waiting patiently. Good kids.
7:30 Breakfast time. Yummy.
7:40 The deflated shade of the pool catches their attention. Caden gets super excited and picks it up.
8:00 Curious George gets them calm for a few minutes.
8:15 Caden successfully sits on his Tonka truck. Yeah! Autumn watches George.
8:20 Caden successfully poops while sitting on his truck. Uuhhh…yeah?
8:35 Because I have 2 very curious toddlers, (especially Caden) I sneak away, while they are absorbed into Clifford the Big Red Dog, to use the bathroom. As I am washing my hands I hear the all too familiar pitter-patter of Caden’s "Where did he go?" I open the door and Caden is standing in the hallway right next to the bathroom door with his diaper halfway undone and on the floor between his legs. He is looking down at it, then looks up at me as if to say, "I didn’t do it!"
8:50 Caden starts screaming from the other room. Autumn and I go to check on him, expecting something to be wrong. No, of course not. He is simply at the bottom of the stairs and wanted us to see him go up the stairs as he laughs and giggles the whole way. Autumn grabs my hand and we all go up. After we get Autumn’s Elmo we come back down stairs.
9:00 Caden sneaks upstairs. I go up there to tell him not to do that, but I get greeted in the hallway by Caden carrying my old stuffed animal from when I was 3, "Ruff." It was cute, since Ruff is bigger then he is. We bring him down and Caden continues to play with Ruff. Makes me smile.
9:50 We have a room that we hardly use in our house. The room right next to the front door. It has a couch, a recliner and that’s about it. But every chance the kids get they go and play in there. They climb up ton the couch and play and giggle at each other.
10:30 Caden falls asleep to take his morning nap. Autumn looks pretty sleepy too.
11:20 Autumn didn’t sleep, but she is full of energy again. Caden is still passed out. What should we do for lunch?
11:40 Caden wakes up. Autumn is standing right next to him and exclaims, Caden!!"
11:56 Autumn pushes Caden in the stroller our of the living room around the house. Both are laughing hysterically!
11:58 Autumn comes running from the other room. Stands at my feet and asks, "Where’s Caden?" "Probably where you left him silly." I reply. And yep we go get him from out of the stroller. They both come running back into the living room.
12:15 Lunch! More chicken nuggets. I’m not that creative when it comes to quick, easy lunches. Sorry. But they love them.
12:45 Both have very droopy eyes.
1:00 Caden tries to hit Autumn a few times so I take him upstairs first to fall asleep. He needs to learn not to hit.
1:15 Autumn passes out. Take her upstairs to put her in bed. Caden gets awakened by the door and cries for a minute. Luckily, he quickly falls back asleep. Whew!
2:55 Hear the door crack, run upstairs and get the kids and bring them down. Autumn looks frightened again, but once I get her cup of juice she’s ok. Snack of fruit snacks, pretzels, and juice. Yummy! All are happy.
3:20 Caden once again starts swinging his arm/ Sippie-cup to hit Autumn. I pick him up and scold him and try to have a Father-son talk about not hitting. He looks up at me with those big brown eyes. He looks so innocent but I know that he has a devilish side.
3:40 Caden starts hitting Autumn again. I try putting Caden in timeout. I move his chair away from everything else. I put him down there and he tries to get up and I stand up and walk towards him and tell him to sit. He starts to cry. I tell him I’m not happy and that he is in time-out. Every time I turn my back to him he gets up. I turn around and he is grinning and starts giggling. I pick him up and try to have another talk with him about hitting. Autumn comes running over to join in on this new "game" and sits down in the Time-Out chair. Caden gets mad and starts pointing at Autumn and the chair. The inaugural Time-Out just turns out to be a big game. Ah well, at least I tried right?
3:45 Caden gets his sippie-cup from the ground and proceeds to walk straight to the Time-Out chair and sit down and start drinking. Irony?
4:30 Autumn reads the books and plays with the toys in the corner, Caden runs around the house mowing the lawn with his lawnmower.
4:45 Caden decides to stay close to Autumn and plays with his animal train next to her.
5:05 We go outside to play until Brisa gets home. They love it outside
5:06 Heidi calls and says that they’ll be here in about 30 mins.
5:20 Brisa gets home and we play with the pinecones one last time before we go inside.
5:40 Heidi and Charlie arrive and Autumn excitedly shows Heidi where she stayed.
This was a fun three days. Definitely a roller coaster ride.
I tried to get a good picture of the 3 of us...this was the best I could get.


6 comments:
Greg, I just finished reading your entries. I loved them! You are the best for watching her! We owe you. I love the pic of Caden with Ruff. So cute.
It looks like you had a busy but fun 3 days. I am so glad the 2 of them get along so well. They are fun to watch together.
day three sounded a bit more challenging, congrats on making it through.
and the picture of the two of them on the couch (where autumn is holding her doll) and they are both smiling at you...adorable!!
congrats on survival greg!! So are you ready for that to be all day everyday!! It's exhausting. It's kinda funy though it made me remember when my older three were all little and 3 and under. I'm not sure how we got through those days. It seems crazy to me to think about now but we somehow managed. Hopefully we will get to see you guys soon!!
Glad you made it through alive! And that time out story cracked me up! Kids are so funny.
Hey do you guys know if your having a boy or a girl yet???
Greg, I loved reading your "diary" of your "Daddy Day Care". I loved the blow by blows of the important things going on.
Keep it up, write more often.
Post a Comment