The other day I had a Totino's pizza for lunch , which got me thinking.
I love "Broke People Food" Here are just a few random thoughts on some of the best...
Totino's: I don't think any further explanation is necessary.
Ramen: This became near and dear to my heart at an early age. This offered a quick and easy meal. I would run home from the local pool (yes literally run home the 60-70 yards from the pool) to make a quick lunch during the 15 minute "break". My top 2 favorite flavors of the 10-cent variety has to be chicken and pork. Every now and again I feel like splurging for the 13-cent flavors of Chicken-Mushroom, or even the shrimp. I know that there are many special "recipes" that help doctor up Ramen. I'll tell you how I feel about them......I'm fine with it. But we all have to admit, nothing beats a Chicken or Pork Ramen "Straight Up".
Thick & Creamy: Now it hasn't always been the case with Thick & Creamy. Kraft was an integral player in my early gestational world, however T&C has blasted Kraft and his yellow Dino out of the universe of my edible vernacular. T&C is the best M&C on this planet hands down. Don't argue because you are wrong. A couple other vital reasons why I will forever swear allegiance to T&C: 1. T&C had always been 50-cents which was much cheaper then Kraft, The Step Dad of misleading, The Uncle of Lies, The Chaplain of dissapointment. Kraft, in an attempt to TEMPT the public back down safely to his clutches, Kraft lowered the price to 44-cents. HA! I will happily pay the 50-cent for the world class T&C! Reason #2. The brand is none other than Great Value. Ahem....GV. Thank You.

SPAM: Despite it being an acronym for Stuff Posing As Meat, I STILL LOVE IT! Spam has got to be one the best all time Broke People foods ever. It is extremely versatile. You can do so much with it. Sliced or Diced you can't go wrong. Add some eggs and cheese-Breakfast burrito! I could go on forever....Spectacular Product Always Mesmerizes!
Now I know this is not an All-inclusive list. These are just my Top Favorites. Any others that should go on the list of All-Time greatest Broke People Foods?


11 comments:
You crack me up, I guess thats why I Love You so much. Your easy to feed unlike myself. Those are the all time classics that can be had at any time!
I can live without the ramen but i'll go with everything else. I LOVE spam. It is awesome. Yummy!
and the best part of the tostinos is they fit in the toaster oven!
ANd your new family picture is sooooo cute!!! When i am going to get one? :)
we have them here, so whenever you want to come pick one out.
Those all look delicious except for the spam. Yuck! I totally love Totinos and Ramen. I would eat them everyday if I could.
How can you love SPAM?? Okay, so I have never tried it but that is because it makes me sick to even think about trying it. lol. : ) Do you guys have a name for your baby girl?
Yes Carrie, but we decided not to tell anyone.
That's a pretty good list of cheap foods you got there. I dont think i have ever seen the "thick and creamy" around.. Maybe cause i just straight to the kraft. I know one of Brisa's favorites is grilled cheese. That's a good one.
Don't we all just love the cheap stuff?
Brisa, that is so exciting!! I can't wait to hear what her name is. : ) It was really fun for us to keep Micah's name to ourselves. I think we drove our families nuts, though. lol.
i'll definitely give props to the spam and the ramen... those are classics... but i'm not gonna lie to ya... tostino's sucks! you can get a much better pizza for the same value with mama rosa's. the pepporoni's are much better... also how could you have left off kool-aid when making a list of broke people food?
I guess I need to make a follow up post on broke people foods that didn't make the initial list.
Post a Comment