Cook that is!
I don't know how many actually read this anymore but I'm stuck in a rut. Every night its a fight to figure out what to cook for dinner. Lately its been kid cuisine or PB&J because I haven't had the time or energy to do anything. I should really say I hate to cook!! In the last few weeks I have wanted to actually cook but my brain is empty. Besides the usual mac and cheese and grill cheese sandwich. Don't get me wrong I still want something quick and easy since I work and always come home in a rush with kids screaming 'I'M HUNGRY'. It drives me crazy!
So I'm asking YOU! Do you have any good/quick/easy/kid friendly recipes you can share with me? Also ones that don't require lots of trips to the store. I could really use your help!!! Oh yeah if you have any fantastic dessert ideas the baby would love it!!


8 comments:
Well I think you have a pretty good excuse not to want to cook after a long day at work :). One of my favorite go to meals is fried rice. You can make rice ahead of time and store in the frig. Then just chop up veggies and/or chicken and heat it up in a pan and add some sauce. We also eat a lot of pasta roni. And veggie tacos - black beans from a can, cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce. Takes only a few minutes to heat up. Hope this helps!
I completely feel,your pain! I hate to cook too! A lot of times, I make A shell pasta with just butter and parm cheese on it. That's one of the only things Besides cereal and sandwiches that Ande actually likes. Quesadillas are always quick and easy too. I usually put turkey in them so I don't have to cook up any chicken.
I am in that rut also, try a crock pot book. You would have to meal plan which I am horrible at. But once you know dinner is ready whe you get home everything is better in life. There is one I like 365 crock pot. google it. it is a cheap fun book.
Okay....so you know me. I'm a completely a planner and you know that. So, I usually have a meal plan because otherwise I spend too much at the store grocery shopping.
Quick, Easy dinners.....
*Pigs-in-a-Blanket and Mac and Cheese
*Breakfast for Supper: we usually do eggs, bacon or sausage and toast
*BBQ Beef Sandwiches: Throw a roast in the crockpot before you leave for work. Shred it when you get home and add BBQ Sauce. Serve on buns with chips.
*French Dips: Same as above only do the roast with a can of beef broth and a can of french onion soup. Serve on hoagie rolls with swiss cheese or whatever with the "au jus" to dip them in.
*Chicken and Dumplings - recipe is in my Facebook notes and it's crock-pot so super easy and fast
*Baked Potato Bar: Potatoes in the microwave, butter, broccoli, cheese, bacon bits.
*Carmelized Garlic Chicken....have to find my recipe for that one, but it's done in less than 30 minutes and 20 of that is in the oven.
*Frito Chili Pies: Fritos, Can of Chili - we like Hormel, onions, cheese
*Nacho Cheese from Sam's Club make ultimate nachos with a little ground beef and all the toppings you want
Our favorite....we buy pre maid pizza crusts from Sam's Club and have sauce, pepperonis and cheese in the fridge. Decorate, pop in oven and supper is ready in 20 minutes.
Hope that helps...there's a group on Facebook called What's for Dinner that has menu plans and recipes posted if you want.
I emailed you some recipes. Having a plan is a huge help.
It helps with your shopping and if you have a plan you can do prep work ahead of time to make evenings easier.
And tell that boy to hush! ;) having him help you might help... It works with Autumn
You know where to find my recipes.... There are some that are pretty easy, and some that are kid friendly. And some that are both. Katherine
I need the same thing! The crockpot thing is a good idea though. I have one where i just put 2 or 3 frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot, a can or so of cream of chicken soup, and make some rice on the side. A little chicken shredding trick is to take it out of the crock pot and put it in a deep bowl and shred it with the hand blender. It takes two seconds to shred! Then stick in back in the pot with the sauce and serve over the rice.
Erika:)
Thank you all for sharing! I am looking forward to trying some of these ideas. I have not tried them just yet as everyone in our house has been sick including me.
Post a Comment